So Sunday morning I woke up with a bad backache but we headed to church anyway because my 5 yo was getting baptized. I felt off all day and people were noticing. By the afternoon my ctx were 12 minutes apart. Then they got down to 7 minutes apart and DH told me that he was taking me to the hospital. We got there and I hadnt dialated anymore but was having strong ctx and my BP was 181/88. They chose to keep me overnight because of that. They even started a 24 hour urine. The next morning my dr said that we needed to induce because my platelet count was low and concerning. (My ctx had kinda fizzled during the night after they gave me a relaxant for my back pain)..
They started pitocin Monday am.. I was doing well and once I got to 4 cm I got an epi (those pitocin ctx were worse than I remember from previous inductions)... It did wear off halfway through and they had to dose me again. I was in so much pain I didnt know half of what was going on in there. It only took a couple hours of labor to get me completely dialated. They had started getting concerned when Iwas about 8 cm because her HB kept dropping out so they upped the pitocin to deliver her quicker... Once I was complete and started pushing her HB dropped into the teens and then off the mark. This was when I freaked out!!!!!!!! The dr grabbed a scissors and cut me to get her out quicker. She was born with her cord wrapped so tightly around her head it was purple! Oh and she came out head first with her first right next to it (dr got a giggle out of this)... But there was a few minutes that we were all holding our breath. They cut the cord before she was delivered because it was strangling her.
She was delivered pretty quick after they cut the cord. It was really hard not to push during that point. But they got her out safe. She was having some issues because she had fluid in her lungs so they were making her "mad" so she would cry and get it out. They were about ready to take her to the nursery because she was choking a little but they got it to pass... Her head finally started turning a normal pink color. But her poor little eyelids are still bruised.
Once they delivered my placenta the dr told me there was a big chunk of it missing! And I started to bleed EVERYWHERE! He called for 4x4 gauze to start "packing" my uterus with. He neded up using cytotec to cause my uterus to contract back to stop the bleeding. Oh and my mean nurse used my stomach as a punching bag instead of massaging it. I swear it feels bruised internally. :( It was scary and he said I lost alot of blood as well... I ended up passing the peice of placenta the day I came home from the hospital, and thankfully havent bled anymore. They were about ready to call the blood bank for me...
We ended up both being ok afterwards, and I am just thankful that he chose to induce me. She could have been strangled by the cord inside before birth and I could be posting a way different story. I am so thankful that my story has a happy ending, but for a while in the delivery room my dr said it could have gone either way. He did have to cut me to allow her to come through quicker because of her hb dropping but I will take stitches and a healthy baby over the alternative anyday! He made it very clear that her delivery could have had a much different ending. That it was really touch and go. Praise God in heaven I went into labor on my own and my bp was up or we may not have had our earthly baby.
I think that me going into labor Sunday was a God-send, even though she was early, we got her delivered before that cord completely strangled her. I love her more than life itself and realize how incredibly blessed I am!
Thank you to each one of you on the boards for supporting me through my losses and pregnancy! I wouldnt have made it to this point without you wonderful ladies!
I know that Hannah has a special angel in heaven watching over her (Grace) as well as all of the babies that have gone too soon. I am truly thankful for my miracle baby.

Hannah 2 days old

Hannah day of birth

Hannah at 10 days old...

Hannah and I at 10 days...
She is gorgeous!! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! So glad to hear everything wound up turning out ok and you have your healthy baby in your arms.
ReplyDelete