Monday, August 17, 2009

An emotional day...

Yesterday was an emotional day. I had to sing at church and one of my favorite - most tear provoking songs lately has been "come just as you are" and it was the invitiation hymn.. Well before that as I was walking into the sanctuary my pastor stopped me and said "someone just told me that you guys share a common bond." (He was standing there with a lady)... My heart sunk. She also had lost a baby 7 months ago. I wanted to immediately hug her and tell her I understand what she is going through. My pastor had told her about my blog and stuff. So I shared the message board site I frequent with her as well as my email address. I wanted her to receive the same help I had from the wonderful girls online.

Before I went to sing I sat with her and told her that I know how she feels and that I really wanted her to know that. I also wanted to let her know that there is other women going thru the same thing. She almost made me cry. She even gave me a big hug and somehow we "silently" understood each other. We share a common pain, something that no one understands until they have been there. I was so greatful to have met her. Someone IRL that admitted to having a loss. most of the girls I know have never had a Pg loss or at least they dont share it. I am really looking forward to talking to her again. I think that we could help each other.

It saddens me that some people dont feel comfortable sharing their pg loss stories with others. And that they have to go thru the grief alone. Its not fair. Right now there are so many women secretly struggling with the fact that they have lost their baby, their child! I cannot imagine.

Well while singing the last song "Come just as you are" I started to try to choke back the tears. I was thinking about how much pain she must have been in and how much pain I will be in at the end of this month on my edd for Grace. I was trying my best to hold it in but halfway thru the song I had a tear running down my face. It was so emotional...

This weekend I am going to attend a Ladies Conference at my church for women who have been through some kind of hurt in their lives.. I hope that it helps me come to terms with what happened and can help me move on. Not that I will ever forget my beautiful baby Grace Amber.. She is forever in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment