I have been sitting here thinking about how well things have been going lately. It seems that I might be starting to get back to "normal" or whatever normal is for me... My van wouldnt start twice in the last two days (when I was out places) and I didnt even let it bother me, I just found a solution to the issue and moved on. Turns out my battery was bad and thats what was causing the issue. And instead of looking at the glass half empty I looked at it as the glass was half full. It could have been way worse, it could have died while I was driving it, or the kids could have been with me, or it could have been a big repair bill. I praise God that it was just the battery.
A couple months ago I couldnt have felt this way. I would have really been on edge about it and freaking out. Instead I was calm and cool. I know that it seems so minute to some of you reading this, but for me it was a big deal to reach this milestone..
I was listening to this song today and I think I am finally learning to live this way...
I am going to continue to worship and praise God even while I am waiting for him to bless me with another baby, if that is his will! Wow! How long has it taken me to get to this point? Over 5 months! Can you believe it.
I think I am finally through the anger stage and moving on to life. I am even thinking of starting the project of re-doing my bathroom. I want to spruce it up with some new color on the walls and new towels, accessories.. I havent wanted to do anything in the last 5 months. Progress? I think so... Its amazing how far I have come with everything since losing baby Grace. But I think the most recent events have been the biggest steps...
Learning to let go and let God.. That has been a big one for me. I have learned that nothing happens by accident. We (even Christians) often say "what a coincidence" ..... Its not a coincidence. God puts us where we need to be, with whom we need to be with, when we need to be with them. I truly and whole heartedly believe this. I think that God put Melissa in my life last year on the message board so that she could be there to invite me to her church for me to hear the words her pastor was going to say Sunday. I really needed to hear them. It wasnt a coincidence, it was God's plan.
I need to remember that even when I am having down days, God is still there with me.. He doesnt leave my side for a second. He has a greater plan for me, one that I will never know. But I need to remember to give up control of my life to his will. For I know the plans I have for you saith the Lord. Plans to give you hope and a future If I can just remember that and invite him into my day every morning my life will be so much better... Praise God on the good and bad days... Invite him into your life every morning and give over the "reins" of your life to him. What a wonderful merciful God we have. Amen!
Beautiful post, Lynn.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Nicole