Today was a good day. I got to meet some online friends that have something in common with me. They have all lost a baby. It was so great to spend time talking to them about experiences, etc.. Even though it was the first time we had met in real life I felt like I already knew them.
In talking to one of the girls, I thanked her for the support she had given me when I was going thru both of my losses. She had inspired me with scriptures after I lost the baby in October. It helped me keep the faith and move forward. I was able to stay strong in my faith with her example. I cant say I would be where I am today without all the support she has given me. She even has talked to me since the loss of baby Grace.
Here is the lesson in it. She didnt think that what she had done was "that big of a deal". But to me it meant the world! What she thought was something very simple really and truly touched my life. I dont believe that God put her in my life by accident. She was put in my life for a purpose. And even her "small gestures" were so powerful to me...
Never under estimate the power of a small simple gesture done out of the goodness in your heart. For you it may be "no big deal" but for someone else it might mean EVERYTHING. She didnt know me, didnt have to care, didnt have to support me. But she chose to help me, and to care. And that made all the difference.
I have made it my personal mission to reach out to those who are hurting, who have suffered the loss of a child. And to those who just dont understand. I want to educate people about pregnancy loss and how faith shaking it can be.
I keep thinking about something my pastor told me when I was at a counseling session after losing baby Grace. He told me "God can take your greatest misery and turn it into your greatest ministry." I laughed it off, I thought he was bonkers. But now I truly feel that God has a greater purpose in my life. I dont know yet what it will be. But if I can touch one person's life as much as this other girl touched mine, then my purpose has been fulfilled. I just truly hope that I am given the opportunity to help another girl who is going thru a pregnancy loss. I dont want the "Chain of Love" to end with me.. Listen to this song.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S2sUt60HOc (sorry its not the best audio)
No comments:
Post a Comment