I came across "Sunday God" (see below) on a webpage this morning and it hit me hard... How often to I pray in the morning and then forget the rest of the day.. When I need Him the most.. Or how about praying to him for answers then turning a deaf ear when he tries to answer me? Wow, its funny how people think I have it "all together" on the outside but they dont realize that I am far from a perfect Christian. I do pray, I do serve, but there are days I leave God out of my daily life and only talk to him during the big stuff...
How would we feel if we had a friend who only called us when they needed something? Isnt that how we sometimes treat God? We only NEED him when we are suffering, or when we have something we need, more money, more food, more clothes, more everything? I find myself praying lately "God please let me get pregnant and let it be a healthy pregnancy that ends with a healthy baby in my arms".. Instead of "God if it is your will please bless us with another child." I just cant seem to let go of control... And the last time I prayed for a healthy baby I had a missed m/c and God took that baby home. So it has caused me to change my prayer from a healthy baby to a healthy baby that ends up in my arms...
I want to think that the baby I was pg with last October wasnt healthy, and my m/c was God's answer that the baby wasnt healthy.. But baby Grace WAS healthy, I just didnt have a healthy pregnancy. The infection got into my amniotic fluid that put my life in danger and I had to deliver her. She just was too tiny to survive.
I dont like that I have changed my prayer so much instead of leaving it up to God's will. Its really hard to just put everything in God's hands like we are supposed to. God knows I am a work in progress and thank goodness he is a forgiving God. I pray that I will have the will to give my anxieties to Him.
Sunday God
We try to keep God in church on Sunday morning, maybe Sunday night and the unlikely event of a mid-week service. We do like to have Him around during sickness and, of course, at funerals. However, we don't have time, or room, for Him during work or play because that's the part of our lives we think we can, and should, handle on our own. May God forgive me for ever thinking that there is a time or place where He is not to be FIRST in my life. We should always have time to remember all He has done for us. If you aren't ashamed to do this, please follow the directions. Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you before my Father." Yes, I do Love God. He is my source of existence and Savior. He keeps me functioning each and everyday. Without Him, I am nothing. "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13 NIV If you Love God, and are not ashamed of all the marvelous things he has done for you, send this to a friend.
Author Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment