Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Being punished?

"Just because God works incredible good out of unspeakable tragedies doesnt mean He orchestrated the tragedy. Dont ever assume that God using something means that He caused it or that He needed it to accomplish his purposes. That will only lead you to false notions about God. Grace doesnt depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors. " (Exerpt from The Shack by Wm. Paul Young)

I would like to carry this around with me and show it to everyone I see that makes a comment to me about losing my babies.. So many people think that when you lose a child it is God punishing you for wrongful deeds, or to accomplish his purpose. I think that Wm Paul Young could not have said it better than he did above (I had to change it a little because it was written originally in the voice of God saying it).

I want to tell people "Dont assume that because I lost two babies there is something I am being punished for. I try to live my life right, raise my children to be productive members of society, and to be open to share their faith without fear. I work with international missions at my church, I go to Sunday School, I go to church twice a week, and I open myself to helping when asked... I have a good heart and want to help those less fortunate myself.... I have even been on a mission trip last year and am going again this summer."

Now lets look at the drug addicts, alcoholics, prostitutes, abusive parents, who go on to have perfectly healthy children they never wanted in the first place. Dont you think if God was going to punish someone he would punish the drug addicts, or the prostitutes who dont live their lives for Him?

Dont presume that I have done something that I need to be punished for. Our God is a loving God, not an evil God! Evil comes from Satan, not God. Lets face it people we live in a fallen world.. Evil things happen to good people... Good things happen to evil people... The world is backwards...

God can take what the devil intends for evil and turn it around for the good! There are good things that have come out of me losing baby Grace.. I have made friends that I would have never met without that experience. It renewed and strengthened my faith, and God has given me the passion of helping other women who are in my same shoes...

I wish I could shout it to the rooftops "Dont assume that we are being punished when we lose babies!"

Ok I guess I am done rambling for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment