I got a call yesterday morning asking if I could step in and be a teacher for VBS at my dad's church. I had originally planned to be an assistant, but not a teacher. In fact I remember saying "the last thing I would want to do is teach and work in the same class my 4 yo DD is in ."
Everytime I say that I dont want to do something, it seems that God puts me in the situation anyway. I guess he wants to push me into doing new things. I was so scared and stressed because I hadnt even seen the teaching material until an hour before VBS started last night. I was a mess, so worried that I wouldnt do something right. So busy worrying that I forgot to ask God to be with me and guide me. Well I know he was with me and that he did guide me because it seemed that the words just came fluently out of my mouth, like it wasnt even me doing the talking. It caught me off guard. And I didnt even realize it until after it was over. It was like an "out of body experience" during the bible story time.
I believe that God sent me there to take me out of my comfort zone and make me do something I had never done before. There are some days I wish he didnt like pushing me so much.. However, I do feel that I will be blessed for my availability. God knows I couldnt have done it without His help. I dont have the ability, just made myself available.
He did test me, one of the mom's didnt want to leave her kids there so she stayed with our class the entire time. She had two kids that were in my class and an 8 wk old baby with her. I had to look at him the entire time. It suprisingly didnt bother me as much as I thought it would. I guess either I am healing, or I am supressing feelings. I hope its the first and not the second.
Stopping by from the Pregnancy Loss/Miscarriage Board. I have a daughter who is almost 17 and a son who is 2 & 1/2--we are hoping for just one more. I lost my baby last tuesday.
ReplyDelete