This week has been crazy busy. Between doing VBS and trying to catch up on housework it has been complete and utter madness. We have two more nights of VBS and then I am looking forward to catching up on some sleep.
I did have a great experience last night. I was talking to another lady at the church that was working with the preschoolers. It turns out that she had two losses as well. She lost an early pg and then lost a baby three days after it was born. We talked about the losses and grief that we both shared and it felt really good to be able to talk about it. It was almost therapeutic.
I also shared with the mom that had the 8 wk old baby. And she shared with me that her best friend had lost a baby at 14 wks recently. You just never know how common m/c is because people are afraid to talk about it. I vow to no longer be quiet about my losses. I want to tell people so that they can understand that it IS real and it does happen to women.. Its a secret socitey that I want to become very public.
Just another step in the healing process. Thank you Jesus, for pushing me out of my comfort zone and right into the path of another woman who understands my loss, no matter how long ago it was for her. I realize that you put me at VBS for a reason and I thank you. Eventually I will learn to stop questioning your motives when you put me on a specific path. Its a blessing that you are so patient with me!
Beautiful post. I often wonder why the this club is a secret one. But yes, we do need to make it public. We need each other when we can't do it ourselves. We need to support each other and our families. Some days are hard and with each other we will make it through.
ReplyDelete