So we made the decision. We did not attend the rememberance service at the hospital today. Instead yesterday we decided to take a "road trip" to Hannibal, MO. We had a great time with our DD's.. We went thru the Mark Twain cave, historic hannibal, carriage ride, shopping, eating homemade fudge, and anything else we wanted to do! We had a fabulous time and enjoyed spending time together as a family..
Why did we decide not to go to the service? Because DH & I decided that we had a beautiful service for Grace with our family, church family, and our friends in attendance. We both decided that we didnt need to drudge up the old feelings and regress in our healing.
I do feel bad, but in a way I have memorialized her in so many other ways that going to the service wasnt going to change any of that. I believe that my baby Grace is in heaven and she is sitting up there with Jesus and all the other babies who have gone way too soon. I dont think she would care that I missed a service, I think she would approve of the fact that we are moving on and healing from her loss. I know that one day I will be reunited with her in heaven.
We made the decision that was right for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment