We went to church this morning as usual. In Sunday School we were talking about anger, and using anger for good, and not holding grudges... It was a really nice discussion. Then came church.. I had to read the scripture for the day. It was all about faith. How faith is believing in something you cannot see. WOW! It was a very good scripture and I started welling up just reading it.
Then we moved on to the songs. One of the songs we sang was "Come just as you are" It talks about coming to Jesus just as you are. It was a great reminder that God accepts us no matter what we are at that moment. If we are broken He takes us under his wing and protects us. If we are sad He walks with us. If we are unable to "walk" ourselves He carries us. Here is a link to the song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZcJv7iovVc
It was a great reminder, that even on my "bad days" I should bring myself to Him. He already knows what is in my heart anyway. It doesnt matter if I am having a bad hair day, or if I am angry, or if I am sad. He accepts me just the way I am! What a powerful statement.
So powerful that tears started welling up in my eyes. Yep right there in the middle of church. Although I didnt let anyone see.. I refused to let the tears flow. And it bit me later. I got into a little "spat" with my DH and the tears FLOWED! Lesson of the day. Let the tears flow, dont hold them back. Because they will resurface when you arent expecting it..
No comments:
Post a Comment