Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What I have learned

Two months ago today I delivered my baby Grace at 18 weeks gestation due to an infection in the amniotic fluid. There was no chance of her survival because it was just too early..
Here is what I have learned...

1) Faith can get you thru absolutely anything. I know that God has carried me through this time.
2) Prayer is a powerful thing.. I am so greatful for all my IRL and online friends who have prayed for me to find peace in this awful situation.
3) The wounds heal with time. I still am grieving for my daughter, but the pain is lessened by the time that has passed. I still think of her often, but now I can think about her and not bawl my eyes out..
4) People will say insensitive things. Brush them off and move on. Dont take it personally, all it will do is cause you more pain.
5) Life does go on, and some days feel like it goes on without me being a part of it.
6) Music really soothes the soul! I have found myself being more emotionally moved by music than ever before in my life. And after a loss there are new meanings brought to light.
7) There are days you feel like hiding under the covers and not coming out. Days where you just want to lay around and feel sorry for yourself. These days are OK! As long as they dont happen every day (which could mean there is an underlying issue).
8) There comes a time where you have more good days than bad, and that is ok too. There may be guilt for having days that arent bad. Dont let the guilt kick in.. Its the normal grieving process.
9) Grief is an emotional roller coaster ride that you cant stop and cant get off of..
10) I know baby Grace is in heaven in the arms of angels and that gives me comfort.

The song "Amazing Grace" has been following me. I have heard it everyday since Saturday and finally today I can listen to it and not cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment