So today is the National day of prayer and I went to a gathering at the local city hall. There was a very small crowd gathered there and we had different categories of things to pray for. Well I was doing well until the last category, which was family. I said a silent prayer for all my friends on TTCAL & PL boards that are trying to start families and are having issues. Then they had a time for outwardly spoken prayer...
My friend from church started praying about family values, abortion, etc. She said that please let these women know who are going in for abortions that they are kiling a life. Let them recognize that it is a life inside of them and not just a "clump of stuff" they can get removed at the clinic. Tears started welling up in my eyes, and as she continued they started flowing down my face. I felt so embarassed for breaking down in front of the group. Only three of them actually knew me and knew why I was crying. The rest just looked at me like I was crazy. : ( The lady that said the prayer leaned over, put her arm around me, and kissed me on the forehead, just a genuine gesture of love and it made me sob. I let it all out, even though I felt really stupid for losing it during the prayer service...
God grant me strength to make it through days like these...
No comments:
Post a Comment