Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My 3 wk f/u appt

I had my 3 week f/u appt and was really looking forward to getting the results of the placental testing they did to find out what caused the infection. I had to wait almost an hour before I got called back. My dr's office is ALWAYS running behind.

When they finally got me into the exam room she just took my weight and bp and said the dr would be in. About 20 minutes later when the dr came in she was real quiet. I said "What were the results of the placenta test?" She said "I dont have those results, guess we should have called to get those." Do you think? My heart just sank. I had been so looking forward to getting some answers. Then she tells me "well we have to do another pelvic exam". So she steps out of the room and goes to call about the results. Turns out they couldnt get them and she would have to call me in a few days.. She also told me not to hold out much hope that it would give me any answers. (Then why did we do the test?)

So she does my pelvic exam and said that everything was back to pre-pg state. As she is doing my pelvic exam she starts asking me "what birth control" we are going to use. I told her that DH & I use our own method of prevention and it has worked for us. She started getting really pushy and telling me it was either birth control pills or a Nuva ring. Again I was very insistent that I didnt want the medication due to problems in the past.

So she tells me that we should wait at least a year before we try again. I said "Ok but what is the medical reason" (out of pure curiousity). And she said "Healing, but how about 6 months? Does that work for you?" I explained that wasnt really what DH & I had planned. I felt like she was just giving me the run around and frankly I think she holds some responsibility in me losing Grace and now she doesnt want anything to do with me getting pg again.

Her last comment to me when she was walking out of the room "If you come back in here next month pregnant I am going to be very upset with you".. WTH? Why would I do that to myself? I left there being really depressed that I hadnt gotten any answers and I felt like she was pushing me off.

A couple days later she called and said that the placenta tests were all normal and we will never know what caused the infection. And it wasnt likely to happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment